Notification Rules is a feature to notify restaurant managers (or any staff) about the actions related to an important customer/ reservation. These actions can be defined by the managers, based on which they will receive email and/ or SMS notifications.
Use Case Example 1:
Use Case Example 2:
Use Case Example 3:
The document covers:
- How to set conditions/ criteria for notifications
- Content of SMS & Email notifications
- FAQs on the feature
3. SPECIFIC PROCEDURE
Please follow the below steps to set-up Notification Rules.
3.1 On TS 1.0 system https://production.tablesolution.com/en/ go to Notification Rules and click New Notification Rule
3.2 The notification rules are enabled by default.
Enter the parameters as shown in the below image.
Name: Give a name to the Notification Rule.
Reservation Events: Select all events for which you want to enable receiving notifications.
- New – To receive notifications when a reservation is created for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags (selected in the upcoming field Reservation Flags).
- Amend – To receive notifications when a reservation is modified for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
- Before Start– To receive notifications requisite hours/ mins/ days before the reservation time of a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
Note: By default, this event is selected.
The time before start of the reservation when you want to receive the notification can be set by selecting desired value for Advance notice before start. (Default selection=3 hours)
4. Arrived - To receive notification when the status is changed to Arrived for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
5. Seated - To receive notification when the status is changed to Seated for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
6. Canceled – To receive notification when the status is changed to Canceled for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
7. No Show - To receive notification when the status is changed to No Show for a customer/ reservation with enabled flags.
Shops: Enable the rule for All Shops by clicking the checkbox OR select shops from the drop-down list.
Meals: Select the meal periods you wish to receive notifications for.
Reservation Flags: Select all flags you wish to receive notifications for.
Add Email: Add the Email ID(s) on which you want to receive email notifications.
Add Phone: – Add the phone number(s) on which you want to receive SMS notifications.
Once all the above parameters are selected, click Create Notification Rule.
The notification rule is now created as shown below.
4. SMS & EMAIL CONTENT
Below is a sample SMS notification that has been received when the customer with flags Aniversary & VIP has arrived at the restaurant, i.e. the status of that reservation is changed to Arrived.
Below is the corresponding sample Email notification.
Q. Can the SMS/ Email content be customized?
A. No, the content for both SMS & Email is standard and cannot be customized.
Q. Is the SMS chargeable?
A. Yes, every SMS will be charged at the standard SMS rate. Please get in touch with your Account Manager if you are not aware of the per SMS charge.
Q. Is there any log of all notifications sent?
A. No, the notifications (SMS & Email) will be always sent based on your Notification Rules settings, there is no log in the system that can be referred.
Q. Can different notification rules be set for different outlets?
A. Yes, you can set different notification rules for different outlets by selecting individual outlets (shops) as shown in section 3.2 above.
Q. Can multiple numbers & email IDs receive notifications for a single customer/ reservation?
A. Yes, as you can enter multiple email IDs & phone numbers on the set-up page, all of them will receive notifications for each customer based on the notification rule settings.
Q. Which users have the right to create/ modify Notification rules?
A. By default, any user with a Franchise Manager role (or equivalent) can create/ modify Notification rules.
Q. Can different managers/ staff receive notifications for different events?
A. The notifications cannot be configured differently for different people or for different events. All the email IDs and mobile numbers mentioned in the set-up page will receive notifications for all the enabled reservation events & flags.