A dashboard is an organized collection of visual elements. Currently, there are three types of elements that are supported: charts, tables, and chart-table combos (a chart with connected tabular data below the chart). Insight includes 2 types of dashboards:
1. Preset dashboards
These are the inbuilt dashboards that contain curated charts to answer specific questions. Currently, Insight includes the following preset dashboards:
- Revenue: how much revenue was received and what is its breakdown
- Reservations: why, when, and how did diners make reservations
- Cancellations: why, when, and who cancelled reservations
- No-Shows: information about diners who booked but did not show up or cancel in advance
- Occupancy: diner occupancy characteristics by day of week, time of day, etc.
- Online Providers: the characteristics of reservations booked via an online source such as TableCheck or an OTA like OpenTable, Tabelog, etc.
- Channels: the characteristics of reservations booked via preset or custom marketing channels.
- Forecasts: an overview of expected revenue, total diners, cancellations, walk-ins, and no-shows.
- Surveys: how did diners rate the food, service, atmosphere, and value and how was the survey response rate (data are only visible for shops subscribed to Survey)
- Upcoming: reservation counts and total number of people for the week to come (including today)
2. Custom Dashboards
In addition, you can create an unlimited number of custom dashboards by organizing charts and tables of your choice.